Michelangelo Antonioni RIP
jordy
2007-07-31 17:57:49 UTC
He was a magnificent movie director, my very favorite... He lived a
long life... It's strange that he died the same day as Ingmar Bergman,
another world class director...

-"Jordy"
Mike
2007-07-31 18:12:45 UTC
Post by jordy
He was a magnificent movie director, my very favorite... He lived a
long life... It's strange that he died the same day as Ingmar Bergman,
another world class director...
-"Jordy"
Agree on all points -

Mike
Giles Gamete
2007-07-31 23:01:40 UTC
"Mike" <It's strange that he died the same day as Ingmar Bergman, another
world class director...
Maybe they were gay for each other and committed to a suicide pact. Whoever
died first, the other guy would will himself to death.
RichL
Brilliant, moron!
John Nichel
2007-08-01 12:16:33 UTC
Post by Giles Gamete
"Mike" <It's strange that he died the same day as Ingmar Bergman, another
world class director...
Maybe they were gay for each other and committed to a suicide pact. Whoever
died first, the other guy would will himself to death.
I love my dead gay son.
Millions of sperm and you were the fastest?
The Professor
2007-07-31 18:20:24 UTC
Post by jordy
He was a magnificent movie director, my very favorite... He lived a
long life... It's strange that he died the same day as Ingmar Bergman,
another world class director...
But his real claim to fame is being mentioned in one of the three or
four funniest episodes of Monty Python's Flying Circus. ;)

And to make it on topic for AMR, he was mentioned by Inspector *Baboon*
of Scotland Yard's Special Fraud Film Director Squad, Jungle Division.

The Professor (creepy indeed on the same day)
--
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night, I will quietly
resist"
Sean Carroll
2007-08-01 03:55:00 UTC
Post by The Professor
Post by jordy
He was a magnificent movie director, my very favorite... He lived a
long life... It's strange that he died the same day as Ingmar Bergman,
another world class director...
But his real claim to fame is being mentioned in one of the three or
four funniest episodes of Monty Python's Flying Circus. ;)
And to make it on topic for AMR, he was mentioned by Inspector *Baboon*
of Scotland Yard's Special Fraud Film Director Squad, Jungle Division.
A critic once referred to The Beatles' 'A Day in the Life' as 'a little
Antonioni movie'.
--
--Sean
http://spclsd223.livejournal.com/

Wilson: That smugness of yours really is an attractive quality.

House: Thank you. It was either that or get my hair highlighted.
Smugness is easier to maintain.
Lee Three
2007-07-31 23:02:41 UTC
Post by jordy
He was a magnificent movie director, my very favorite... He lived a
long life... It's strange that he died the same day as Ingmar Bergman,
another world class director...
-"Jordy"
Another director that Brian DePalma ripped off.

Didn't he confuse The Who with The Yardbirds when he was filming Blow Up? At
least that's the story I heard.

Keith Relf - if there were ever a cautionary tale for not playing electric
instruments in the bathtub.

Lee
kelps
2007-08-02 18:40:25 UTC
Post by Lee Three
Post by jordy
He was a magnificent movie director, my very favorite... He lived a
long life... It's strange that he died the same day as Ingmar Bergman,
another world class director...
-"Jordy"
Another director that Brian DePalma ripped off.
Didn't he confuse The Who with The Yardbirds when he was filming Blow Up? At
least that's the story I heard.
Keith Relf - if there were ever a cautionary tale for not playing electric
instruments in the bathtub.
Lee
You just perpetuated two rumors.

Antonioni first asked the Who but the Who for whatever reason said no then
he asked the Yardbirds, who begrudgingly did the instrument smashing which
is what the script called for.

The Who broke instruments every big show in those days. Beck only destroyed
things when he was pissed off.

Keith Relf was not playing his guitar in the bathtub when he was
electrocuted although he had recently taken a bath he was playing his guitar
near a fireplace and put his foot on a metal grill.

dc

Bip Bop
2007-08-01 00:08:58 UTC
Post by jordy
He was a magnificent movie director, my very favorite... He lived a
long life... It's strange that he died the same day as Ingmar Bergman,
another world class director...
-"Jordy"
He directed one of my favorite movies!

Lookingglass
2007-08-01 00:34:11 UTC
Post by Bip Bop
He directed one of my favorite movies!
http://youtu.be/U51AE3TJLIw
Wrong director

Franco Zeffirelli directed R&J.

www.Shemakhan.com
Bip Bop
2007-08-01 04:01:22 UTC
Thank God! He Lives!
M.Balarama
2007-08-01 01:41:00 UTC
at the time Blow up was a really really great movie
jordy
2007-08-01 18:01:13 UTC
Post by M.Balarama
Post by jordy
He was a magnificent movie director, my very favorite... He lived a
long life... It's strange that he died the same day as Ingmar Bergman,
another world class director...
at the time Blow up was a really really great movie
It still is, it's one of my favorite movies... I've seen it many
times on the big screen and on DVD...

-"Jordy"
progea
2007-08-01 05:46:28 UTC
Post by jordy
He was a magnificent movie director, my very favorite... He lived a
long life... It's strange that he died the same day as Ingmar Bergman,
another world class director...
-"Jordy"
a.m.p-f-related: "Zabriskie Point"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070731/ap_en_ce/obit_antonioni;_ylt=Asl_0qJQRaT4nwHh9jH8ON9X24cA
luvhockey
2007-08-01 15:45:47 UTC
Post by jordy
He was a magnificent movie director, my very favorite... He lived a
long life... It's strange that he died the same day as Ingmar Bergman,
another world class director...
-"Jordy"
He directed Blow up didn't he?
Love the part the Yardbirds are in.